Book today for the best Winter Sun Golf Offers
With Christmas and New Year having just passed us by and the long summer days seem a long way you might be tempted to escape the Winter blues and book a last minute Winter Sun golf holiday.
There are still some excellent last minute offers for Winter Sun Golf as Hotels and Golf courses look to fill the last available spaces.
What are the main benefits
- There are often generous early booking discounts available at many of the major resorts
- Major low cost airlines have published their Winter timetable
- Booking ahead means groups can finalise the dates in their diaries early
- Many golf resorts are still offering last minute discounts to counter the adverse Euro exchange rate against the pound.
- Low deposit payments are available and allows plenty of time to save for the final payment
- No penalty cancellation terms are often available meaning changes in circumstances are covered.
- All your payments are fully secure with our Client Trust Account Insurance provided by Protected Travel Services
Winter Sun Golf -Recommended Destinations
The principal reason for booking a Winter Sun golf holiday is to escape the cold and wet weather in northern Europe to find more pleasant conditions. Here are a few suggestions where you may find the best weather.
Costa del Sol Spain
As featured in the Mail on Sunday earlier this year the Costa del Sol is still a very popular destination for Winter Sun golf holidays. With an all year round climate and excellent flights available into Malaga, Jerez and Seville it is perfect for a short duration escape from the winter conditions. Here are a few suggestions we can recommend.
- Dona Lola Resort Marbella featured in the Mail on Sunday Travel Section. Excellent resort ideally placed for Marbella and many of the local golf courses such as La Cala, Miraflores, Cabopino and El Chapparel
- Holiday World Polynesia Located close to the lively resort of Benalmadena with wide range of self catering, bed and breakfast and All Inclusive options. Golf packages including La Cala, El Chapparal and Torrequebrada
- La Cala Resort 5 star golf and spa resort with 3 championship courses and a host of leisure facilities. Only 30 minutes from Malaga airport
- Barcelo Montecastillo Situated in the very south of Spain. Excellent 5 star resort with its own championship golf course and incredible value unlimited golf breaks ideal for a quick Winter getaway.
- Hotel Almenara Sotogrande Superb hotel and golf resort with own 18 hole golf course and spa. Offers available include golf at Almenara, La Reserva Sotogrande, Sotogrande and Valderrama. Free access to spa also available on selected 7 night stays if booked by 30th September,
Ideal location for a Winter sun golf holiday. Less than 3 hours flying time from most of the UK and northern Europe served by both Alicante and San Javier Murcia Airport.
- La Manga Club. Iconic golf and sports resort for over 40 years. Great range of accommodation choices including Las Lomas Village Apartments and Hotel Principe Felipe. 3 championship golf courses plus excellent Football, Cricket, Tennis and Rugby Academy facilities for all year round training.
- Mar Menor Golf Resort. Excellent golf resort with range of apartments and 5 star hotel. Just 15 minutes from San Javier Murcia Airport and choice of 6 golf courses available.
- Roda Golf and Beach Resort Ideal Resort for a quick getaway just 10 minutes from San Javier Murcia Airport. 18 hole championship course, excellent apartments and clubhouse plus PGA approved Golf Academy.
Always a popular destination with its all year round climate and 300 days of annual sunshine per annum. Excellent flight availability to Faro Airport and short transfers to most of the major resorts and golf courses. There are a wide range of resorts along the entire Algarve coastline from Tavira in the east to Lagos in the western Algarve.
Penina Hotel and Golf Resort Portimao The first golf course opened in the Algarve in 1966 and designed by Sir Henry Cotton. 18 hole championship plus 2 other golf courses available and Golf Academy. 5 star hotel that is still among the best in the Algarve offering a unique holiday experience.
- Amendoeira Golf Resort Fabulous golf resort owned by the Oceanico Group with two superb championship golf courses, excellent accommodation and leisure facilities onsite and a short transfer from Faro Airport.
- Vila Sol Resort Vilamoura Owned by the Pestana Group it remains one of the most popular destinations in the Algarve. 5 star hotel plus 27 hole championship golf course and superb Golf Academy.
- Marina Club Lagos. Excellent range of apartments situated right on the
Marina in Lagos and close to the town’s historic centre. A great base for non golfers to enjoy the Algarve
- Praia Verde Resort Tavira. Superb hotel in the eastern Algarve a short drive from Tavira and surrounded by some of the best golf courses including Monte Rei, Quinta do Vale and Castro Marim
Cyprus is an excellent choice for a longer Winter Sun golf break. Just over 4 hours flying time from the UK and the major golf courses are centred around the Paphos region with easy access to the local airport.
- Aphrodite Hills Resort Hotel Superb 5 star hotel with it’s own Championship golf course and a range of leisure and Spa facilities. Only 15-20 minutes from Paphos Airport. New Bed and Breakfast packages available from November 2016
- Aphrodite Hills Holiday Residences Within the Resort an excellent selection of apartments and villas all with either communal or private pools. Bed and Breakfast and upgraded hotel style packages available. Superb choice of golf courses
- Alexander the Great Hotel Paphos Excellent hotel close to the centre of Paphos with a range of golf packages available. Close to all the golf courses at Aphrodite Hills, Secret Valley, Elea and Minthis Hill
Please note that Aphrodite Hills Golf Course is under renovation until February 2018. Golf will be booked at the other courses featured.
Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands and located off the north west coast of Africa it offers a great all year round climate and perfect to escape the dreary Winter months. Tenerife offers a great variety of hotels and accommodation, golf courses, lively resorts and superb beaches. Many low cost airlines offer more regular flights to Tenerife and the Canary Islands throughout the Winter months as demand for seats continue to rise
- Iberostar Bouganville Playa Coste Adeje Fabulous beachfront hotel close to the nightlife in the popular resort of Costa Adeje with easy access to the major golf courses including Adeje and Las Americas
- Iberostar Torviscas Playa Costa Adeje Excellent hotel just 150 metres from some of the best beaches. Great base for golfers and many other activities to satisfy the non golfers in your group
- El Cortijo San Ignacio Hotel. Located on Gran Canaria and just 7 kilometres from Las Palmas El Cortijo offers a more relaxed golf holiday but close to the action in Gran Canaria’s largest resort
- Jandia Golf Fuerteventura. Just 1.5 kilometres from the beaches and local hotels Jandia Golf is perfect for a variety of golf holidays and other sporting activities in this busy area of Fuerteventura.
To find out more about all our latest Winter Sun golf offers contact John for further details
Mail to: John@19thholegolfgetaways.com