Portugal Masters 2019 Vilamoura 24-27 October
A popular event on the European Tour returns to the Algarve this year for the Portugal Masters 2019 at the Victoria Clube de Golf on the outskirts of Vilamoura. The event which celebrated it’s tenth anniversary in 2016 was won by Tom Lewis who also won the event in 2011.
Other previous winners have included Steve Webster in the opening event in 2007, Lee Westwood in 2009 and Andy Sullivan in 2015. In October 2014 we personally experienced the inclement weather conditions which severely curtailed play and the event was awarded to Alexander Levy after just 36 holes of play was possible. Although later in the calendar the Algarve weather in late October can be pleasantly warm and sunny.
Portugal Masters 2019-The Victoria Clube de Golfe
Designed by golfing legend Arnold Palmer and opened in 2004, the Victoria Clube de Golfe is a championship layout that measures 7,209 yards and plays to a par of 72. One of five courses at Vilamoura, the Victoria Clube de Golfe hosted the World Cup of Golf back in 2005, when Stephen Dodd and Bradley Dredge of Wales triumphed.
With generous fairways and gentle rough, there are plenty of birdies that can be achieved. However, with the presence of a number of lakes and hazards around the course, there is always a degree of risk for those wishing to take the bold approach to many holes. Great care and attention has been taken to ensure the preservation of the surrounding wetlands and natural vegetation, including carob, olive and almond tree.
Portugal Masters 2019- Visitor Facilities
The Tournament has a wide range of exhibitors in the tented village including a number of the leading resorts that showcase their hotels and facilities. You can buy some of the latest clothing and golf merchandise and there are various outlets serving hot and cold refreshments. The Portugal Masters is always a popular event in The European Tour Calendar and walking the course is relatively easy and a comfortable experience.
The Victoria Course is on the eastern outskirts of Vilamoura but parking is relatively easy and there are always an abundance of taxis that can ferry people from the centre of Vilamoura to and from the course.
Ticket details have yet to be released. For the latest news and updates visit the European Tour website
Portugal Masters 2019-Selected Hotels and Apartments
If you are looking to visit the Portugal Masters 2019 it would be wise to start looking now as this is a very popular time in The Algarve. Here are a few recommendations where we can arrange your stay before during and after the tournament.
- Tivoli Marina Hotel. Iconic 5 star hotel that dominates the Marina and ideal for couples and small groups
- Vila Sol Hotel and Golf Resort Superb 4 star golf resort and hotel with 27 hole golf course and Academy
- Vila Gale Marina Hotel 4 star hotel close to the Marina and popular with golf groups
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Excellent 4 star hotel ideal for couples and families
- The Old Village Apartments A personal favourite for over 15 years. Great selection of apartments and townhouses and selection of bars and restaurants. Less than 15 minutes walk to the Marina or an inexpensive taxi journey.
Portugal Masters 2019 – Where to eat and drink during your stay
Vilamoura is spoilt for choice with a great range of bars and restaurants suiting all tastes and budgets.
- Sete Cafe Vilamoura – Centrally located in the Marina and co owned by football legend Luis Figo
- The Fisherman’s Shack– Although tucked away in an arcade, great fish dishes and worth a visit. Recommended to pre book
- News Cafe Marina Restaurant. Varied selection of Italian and international dishes. Good value Breakfast and daily specials
- The 19th Hole Vilamoura– lively bar and restaurant serving steaks and selection of dishes. Close to the Tivoli Marina Hotel.
- Casino Vilamoura– Close to the Marina and offers daily entertainment and cabaret dinners.
- O’Neills Lounge Bar– Food served all day, live sport shown and many live music nights.
- Casa do Largo Restaurant – Personal favourite on the Old Village. Great breakfasts, lunches and evening menus.
SPECIAL OFFERS FROM DOM PEDRO INCLUDING ENTRANCE TICKETS
- 3 nights BB twin occupancy
- Access on 2 days to Portugal Masters 2019
- Price: from £135 per person
- 5 nights BB twin occupancy
- 4 rounds of golf : Laguna, Millennium, Pinhal and Old Course. Buggies not included
- Access on 3 days to Portugal Masters 2019
- Price from £575 per person
- 7 nights BB twin occupancy
- 5 rounds of golf : 1 x Victoria after Portugal Masters, Laguna, Millennium, Pinhal and Old Course. Buggies not included
- Access on 5 days to Portugal Masters 2019
- Price from £769 per person
Accommodation is at Dom Pedro Marina, Vilamoura or Portobelo Hotels
Offer runs 17th October to 3rd November 2019
If you are looking to book a golf holiday in The Algarve to see the Portugal Masters, call John on 01536 430188 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an update availability and prices.
If you cannot make The Portugal Masters but looking to visit Vilamoura in the future visit our page about the latest Vilamoura Golf Breaks