How to choose your perfect UK golf break.
If you are a golf society organiser or a Club Captain looking to book your UK golf breaks in the future there is so much to consider when trying to make the right choice. It is very true that you will not please everyone all of the time but you hope that your final choice is popular with the majority.
What should you consider when choosing a UK golf break
When I was part of a Golf Society organising group we used to sit down months in advance to look at our forthcoming events for the following year. Here are a few pointers that might be of use when booking a UK golf break.
- Book your dates well in advance to ensure the maximum notice for your members
- Decide the distance and time that you wish to travel
- Booking ahead means you can secure the best prices
- How much are your members prepared to pay
- Which locations offer the best group discounts
- Are you looking for a golf resort with more than one course onsite
- Make sure the courses are suited for all abilities
- Is the golf break for a special occasion such as a birthday or stag/hen weekend
Today Golfer Top 100 UK Stay and Play Breaks
Today Golfer recently published its top 100 UK Golf Breaks suggestions and we were very pleased to see that many of the UK destinations featured by ourselves could be found in their recommendations. Here are some of those destinations they featured.
- Forest Pines Lincolnshire Great value with 3 nine hole loops and an impressive hotel
- Celtic Manor Wales 3 courses including the Twenty Ten course and great choice of bars and restaurants
- Rusacks St Andrews Situated in the very centre of the Home of Golf. Ideal for St Andrews golf and nightlife
- Vale Resort Cardiff Located close to Cardiff and ideal for night life or combining with a Rugby weekend. 2 superb 18 hole golf courses
Great value top UK Golf Breaks
- Macdonald Hill Valley Superb value and choice of two courses situated in Shropshire
- Hellidon Lakes Great value resort in Northamptonshire
UK golf break resorts with more than one golf course
- The Belfry– Four times host of the Ryder Cup with 3 great courses including the Brabazon
- Fairmont st Andrews Fife 2 excellent courses with the Torrance and the Kittocks just outside St Andrews.
- Slaley Hall Northumberland Voted best golf hotel in the north of England in the Today Golfer Travel Awards
- Breadsall Priory Derbyshire Marriott golf resort with 2 great courses suited for golfers of all abilities.
- Forest of Arden Warwickshire Another Marriott Golf resort in the very Heart of England. Easy access from many parts of the UK and two golf courses for all abilities. Everyone can leave with some good memories.
- Dalmahoy Edinburgh Just a few miles outside Edinburgh City Centre and very handily placed for Edinburgh Airport. 2 excellent courses and a superb golfing weekend plus city break combination.
- Barnham Broom Norfolk Just 10 miles from Norwich City Centre but the Sports bar and 2 courses onsite mean you may not have to move the car or minibus until you leave for home.
The above are just a selection of the UK choices we can offer. If you are looking to book an event let us find that perfect break for you. We do the legwork and give back to you your precious time.