Vilamoura Golf Breaks- Superb golf holidays in Portugal’s Golden Triangle
When you mention golf in the Algarve most golfers will search Vilamoura golf breaks as the starting point for their planned visit to the Algarve. When we first visited The Algarve in 2000 the first view of Vilamoura was as the plane banked over the centre of Vilamoura dominated by the Tivoli Marina Hotel and then hugged the coastline as we descended into Faro Airport.
Vilamoura is a purpose built resort completed in 1974 and now merges into neighbouring Quarteira. It is situated at the centre of what is widely know as the Algarve’s Golden Triangle with Vale do Lobo to the east and finishes with Albufeira on the western side.
The resort of Vilamoura is dominated by the Marina which was awarded for the 2nd year running International Marina of the Year 2016 at the London Boat Show. With mooring spaces for over 800 vessels up to 60 metres long, numerous shops, bars and restaurants it is the perfect place for unwinding after a round of golf or providing plenty more activities for non golfers.
Vilamoura Golf Breaks-Why is Vilamoura so popular with golfers
Vilamoura has so many attractions and features that make it one of the top Algarve destination.
- Vilamoura Marina and the surrounding area has a fabulous range of restaurants and bars across all price brackets
- Vilamoura resort is only 25 minutes transfer time from Faro Airport.
- Flight times from the UK are only 3 hours from most major airports and served by most major low cost airlines
- Vilamoura and the Algarve benefit from a superb all year round climate with 3000 hours of annual sunshine
- Vilamoura has 6 excellent local golf courses with Vale do Lobo, San Lorenzo and Quinta do Lago also closeby
- There are a great choice of hotels, apartments and villas to suit all budgets.
- The Casino at Vilamoura is one of the most famous night life attractions in the Algarve.
- Marina beach and Falesia beach are family friendly and easily accessible from most of the resort
- There are a variety of boat cruises available from the marina including the tall ship Condor de Vilamoura
- Great family attractions nearby such as Aquashow Parque near Quarteira
Vilamoura Golf Breaks-Selected Hotels and Apartments
Tivoli Marina Hotel. Iconic 5 star hotel that dominates the Marina and ideal for couples and small groups
Tivoli Anantara Hotel superb 5 star hotel located next to Dom Pedro Victoria Golf Course
Vila Sol Hotel and Golf Resort Superb 4 star golf resort and hotel with 27 hole golf course and Academy
Vila Gale Marina Hotel 4 star hotel close to the Marina and popular with golf groups
Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Excellent 4 star hotel ideal for couples and families
The Old Village Apartments A personal favourite for over 15 years. Great selection of apartments and townhouses
Recommended Cafes Bars and Restaurants
Sete Cafe Vilamoura – Centrally located in the Marina and co owned by football legend Luis Figo
The Fisherman’s Shack– Although tucked away in an arcade, great fish dishes and worth a visit. Recommended to pre book
News Cafe Marina Restaurant. Varied selection of Italian and international dishes. Good value Breakfast and daily specials
The 19th Hole Vilamoura– lively bar and restaurant serving steaks and selection of dishes. Close to the Tivoli Marina Hotel.
Casino Vilamoura– Close to the Marina and offers daily entertainment and cabaret dinners.
O’Neills Lounge Bar– Food served all day, live sport shown and many live music nights.
Casa do Largo Restaurant – Personal favourite on the Old Village. Great breakfasts, lunches and evening menus.
If you require any further information about our fabulous range of golf holidays in Vilamoura contact us today!
Call John on 01536 430188 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org for our expert advice gained over the last 18 years